Last month, UE officially introduced a new One Series 2-wire electronic switch capable of monitoring pressure or temperature in harsh and hazardous industrial applications. The new model, 1xswll, joins the One Series hybrid transmitter-switch product line. This new process monitor replaces four models by combining all of the functionality and hazardous location approvals of the previous models, making it easier to select and specify on projects. The updated product was first demonstrated at last month’s ACHEMA 2015 event in Europe and is intended for hydrocarbon refining, processing, and chemical manufacturing industries.
- Discrete input powered 2-wire electronic switch capable of replacing mechanical switches that are connected to a DCS or PLC utilizing the same 2 wires and control scheme
- Voltage range of 7.8 to 50 volts DC at 0.1 amps for 24 and 48 logic solver inputs
- I Am Working (IAW™) diagnostics provide health status display and a fail-safe-open remote discrete output signal
- Fully programmable Set Point fail-safe switch with 100% adjustable Deadband (hysteresis)
- Adjustable Filter avoids nuisance trips resulting from pressure spikes
- Window Mode opens or closes the set point switch when the process variable is outside of the programmable window
- Trip Counter increments each time the set point is reached, useful for process diagnostics
- Trip Delay suspends the switch action up to 999.9 seconds (16.7 minutes) after the Set Point is reached
- Password protects against unauthorized changes to the programmable parameters
The 1XSWLL is the first in a family of four new One Series products that will be released this year by United Electric Controls so keep a look out for upcoming announcements.